How to Make Creative Night Club Flyers
February 24, 2010
Promoting night clubs online has helped increase business, but there is still no greater method to promote your event then taking it to the streets. With an effective night club flyer, you can draw in business from all over your local area, and here’s how it’s done…
Night Club Flyer Design
- Include a mood invoking picture – If you are featuring a DJ, your picture could be a silhouette of someone spinning turntables, or a shot of a pumped up crowd cheering for the show.
- Mention those Involved – Since many night clubs rely on outside promoters to arrange their shows, make sure to include who is responsible for planning and preparing the event. Also list who is performing and the times of each set.
- Use colors – People respond well to colors, and night clubs have been using colorful lighting to create the right atmosphere for years. The psychology of colors will come through in your design if you have a clear picture of the mood you wish to evoke.
Nightclub Flyer Distribution
- Have a street team – If you can’t afford to pay for a team of distributors, you can offer discounts for those that help your promotion. Many night clubs in Los Angeles, for example, might include a street team to hand out night club flyers. This allows free entry into a club for a small amount of work.
- Never leave your Flyers – If you drop off your flyers or leave them on a counter somewhere, that is most likely where they will stay. Never rely on your audience to take it upon themselves to view your ads, bring it to them
- Distribute flyers with coat and bag check tickets – Have your staff give a flyer out when patrons pick up their items from coat and baggage checks. This is the perfect opportunity, as most people will be grabbing their items toward the end of an exciting evening. Reminding them to come back for more would be a great decision.
- The importance of the show – to cut costs, develop a ranking system to decide important shows in your upcoming calendar. As a promoter, you should know which bands or DJ’s you expect will draw in the largest crowd. The more important the show is, adjust your quantity accordingly. You can get a 14 pt cardstock full color night club flyer cheaply if you order larger numbers. If your show is smaller, opt for black and white or single color flyers at cheaper costs.
- Paper Quality – Your night club flyer is one of the first points of contact, aside from word of mouth, that your clients will see. Let them know your club is a place of quality and respect by distributing flyers that look appealing. Using thick cardstock is a great way to ensure your flyers won’t end up crumpled in the back of someone’s car after a show.
The Digital Room has experience in offset flyer printing for night club flyers. With offset printing, promoters can save money by ordering large quantities, while still enjoying the benefits of excellent paper and full color printing. Design and support professionals are standing by to assist you in the preparation and proofing of your designs. Visit The Digital Room’s website, or call us today at 1-866-266-5047!
Richard Bashara - Who's written 8 posts on the DigitalRoom.com Blog.